Advanced Research Journals is an academic publisher of peer-reviewed open access journals. all articles published by ARJ are under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY) which allows authors to retain ownership of the copyright for their articles, but anyone can download, reuse, reprint, modify and/or distribute articles, as long as the original authors and source are cited.
Advanced Research Journals is dedicated to advancing knowledge through the dissemination of research information by using the open-access model. It contributes to the development of scientists, scholars, researchers, learned societies, Universities, and research institutions in their different fields of human learning.
ARJ vision is to be the world-class publisher of research articles and related services. Through all our open access publications, services and partnership with researchers and institutions, we will contribute to knowledge.
Beware of Predatory Publishers
……broadly soliciting article submissions for the clear purpose of gaining additional income. Operating essentially as vanity presses, these publishers typically have a low article acceptance threshold, with a false-front or non-existent peer-review process. Unlike professional publishing operations, whether subscription-based or ethically-sound open access, these predatory publishers add little value to scholarship, pay little attention to digital preservation, and operate using fly-by-night, unsustainable business models……
According to the article “Predatory Open Access Publishers – Natural Extreme of an Author-Pays Model“, some of the problems associated with predatory publishers are:
- Articles published without author approval
- Articles published before payment terms were either understood or completed
- Articles published before the payment terms are completed. Upon publishing, the terms are then renegotiated, forcing authors into an uncomfortable position
- An editorial process that creates more problems than it solves, with errors introduced during proof-reading, and authors “tearing their hair out” because of it
- Papers published without peer review
Open access and author-pays models do not equate to poor quality. Many well-known and highly prestigious open-access publishers (e.g. PLOS) also make use of the author-pay model. As Beall noted,
The open-access movement started with goodwill and good intentions. Unfortunately, it has now been co-opted by a bunch of corrupt schemers who threaten to destroy the foundation of scholarly communication……
Advanced Research Journals utilizes both open access and author-pays models. At Advanced Research, quality is our top priority. We invest our time, energy, and money in maintaining and improving the quality of our publications. We focus on the quality rather than the quantity.
Advanced Research Journal is headed by Editors and an Editorial Board Members. The Editors and Editorial Board is appointed by the Publication. Editors serve a 2 year-term and Editorial Board members also serve a 2-year term.
Board members are chosen based on the journal’s need for representation from a particular subject area in conjunction with the individual’s commitment to maintaining high journal standards as illustrated in objective and prompt reviews.
An Editorial Office Team is also appointed by the publication committee to directly assist the editors and editorial board members.
ARJ editorial office policy requires that each manuscript be reviewed by individuals who are highly experienced and recognized in the particular field of the submitted manuscript. The editorial office contacts those reviewers that have been identified as qualified and/or recommended by the authors. Authors are encouraged to submit in their cover letters names of individuals whom they feel are appropriate and qualified to review their manuscript.
Once potential reviewers agree to read a manuscript they are given a 1-week time-frame to complete the review process.
Advanced Research Journals adheres strictly to certain ethical standards in order to guarantee excellence in scientific publications and to ensure that people receive credit for their works.
All journals to be published by Advanced Research Journals are committed to publishing only innovative and original material i.e., material that has neither been published elsewhere nor is it under consideration for publication by another publisher. So, it is of huge significant if authors avoid the following ethical violations.
Data Fabrication and Falsification
Data fabrication and falsification mean the researcher did not really carry out the study, but made up data or results and had recorded or reported the fabricated information. Data falsification means the researcher did the experiment, but manipulated, changed, or omitted data or results from the research findings.
Plagiarism is intentionally using someone else’s ideas, or other original material as if they are one’s own. Copying even one sentence from someone else’s manuscript, or even one of your own that has previously been published, without proper citation, is considered by ISJ as plagiarism.
Simultaneous submission occurs when a manuscript (or substantial sections from a manuscript) is submitted to a journal when it is already under consideration by another journal.
Duplicate publication occurs when two or more papers, without full cross-referencing, share essentially the same hypotheses, data, discussion points, and conclusions.
Redundant publications involve the inappropriate division of study outcomes into several articles, most often consequent to the desire to plump academic vitae.
Improper Author Contribution or Attribution
All listed authors must have made a significant scientific contribution to the research in the manuscript and approved all its claims. Don’t forget to list everyone who made a significant scientific contribution, including students and laboratory technicians.
Citation Manipulation is including excessive citations, in the submitted manuscript, that do not contribute to the scholarly content of the article and have been included solely for the purpose of increasing citations to a given author’s work, or to articles published in a particular journal. This leads to misrepresenting the importance of the specific work and journal in which it appears and is thus a form of scientific misconduct.
In the event that there are documented violations of any of the above-mentioned policies in any journal, regardless of whether or not the violations occurred in a journal published by Advanced Research Journals the following sanctions will be applied:
- Immediate rejection of the infringing manuscript.
- Immediate rejection of every other manuscript submitted to any journal published by Advanced Research Journals by any of the authors of the infringing manuscript.
- Prohibition against all of the authors for any new submissions to any journal published by Advanced Research Journals, either individually or in combination with other authors of the infringing manuscript, as well as in combination with any other authors. This prohibition will be imposed for a minimum of 2 years.
- Prohibition against all of the authors from serving on the Editorial Board of any journal published by Advanced Research Journals.
In cases where the violations of the above policies are found to be outstandingly bad, the publisher reserves the right to take additional measures beyond those described above.
List of Advanced Research Journals
- International Research Journal Of Agricultural Sciences
- Research Journal Of Biochemistry And Biotechnology
- Journal of Computational and Mathematical Biology
- Journal Of Medicine And Medical Sciences
- International Journal Of Pharmacy And Pharmacology
- Journal Of Anatomy And Physiology
- Journal on Emerging Issues in Medical Diagnosis
- Journal Of Enzymes and Microbial Technology
- International Research Journal Of Microbiology
- Journal of Humanoid Robotics
- Research Journal Of Diseases And Bacteriology
- Journal Of Petroleum And Gas Exploration
- Journal of Human-Level Intelligence
- Journal Of Management And Business Studies
- International Journal Of Nursing And Midwifery
- Journal Of Dental Research and Advancement
- Journal Of Veterinary And Animal Health
- Research Journal Of Health Science And Wellbeing
- Journal Of Education Research And Development
- Research Journal Of Plant And Animal Sciences
- International Journal Of Engineering And Architecture
Article Processing Charges
Advanced Research Journals publishes all its articles in an Open Access format, where everyone will have access to all its content and will be able to view, download, print, and redistribute any article without a subscription, enabling far greater distribution of an author’s work than the traditional subscription-based publishing model.
While making this possible, Advanced Research Journals will not receive any income from selling subscriptions to print or view online versions of its journals or from charging “pay-per-view” fees. For this reason, Advanced Research Journals is compelled to defray its editorial and production costs by collecting article processing charges (APCs) from authors.
Advanced Research Journals is committed to keeping its Article Processing Charges at a minimum level. This flat charge covers the entire cost of the publication process. Authors of these articles are required to pay a fair handling fee for processing their articles. Authors are required to make payment only after their manuscripts have been accepted for publication. There are no hidden costs in Advanced Research Journals. There are no additional charges for color/figures or for supplementary materials.
Payment is due after the manuscript has been reviewed and accepted for publication. The corresponding author is responsible for the payment of the processing fee.