Computational and Mathematical Biology is a peer-reviewed journal targeting at all aspects of theoretical, methodological and tool development, testing and user evaluation of computational and mathematical tools for the modeling, visualization, analysis and interpretation of biological data at all scales â€“ from molecules and cells to populations and ecosystems. The following areas are also considered: technical and usability reviews, significant updates, and improvement of available tools and methods, application of computing, applied mathematics and statistics to actual biological problems, and short reviews consolidating the state of knowledge in the area.
The topics of interest in this journal include (but not limited to):
- Computational modeling of molecules, interactions and systems
- DNA, RNA and protein sequence analysis
- Proteomic, interactomic and metabolomic analysis
- Biological database construction and use
- Biomedical literature and health record analysis
- Mathematical representation, manipulation, and simulation of biological systems
- Computational and comparative genomics
- Biological structure representation and analysis
- Theoretical foundation, development and testing of tools and methods
- User evaluation, significant updates and improvement of tools and methods
- Application of tools and methods
Criteria for publication
Publication of research articles by is dependent primarily on their validity and coherence, as judged by peer reviewers, who are also asked whether the writing is comprehensible and how interesting they consider the article to be.
Speed of publication
We offer a very fast publication schedule while maintaining rigorous peer review; all articles must be submitted online, and peer review is managed fully electronically (articles are distributed in PDF form, which is automatically generated from the submitted files). Articles will be published electronically in manuscript form immediately upon acceptance. A fully structured web version, and accompanying laid out PDF, will be published within a few weeks of acceptance.
As an electronic-based journal, we offer authors the opportunity to publish large data sets, large numbers of illustrations and moving pictures, to display data in a form that can be read directly by other software packages so as to allow readers to manipulate the data for themselves and to create all relevant links.
Submission of manuscripts
Manuscripts must be submitted electronically. Full details of how to submit a manuscript are given in the instructions for authors.
Indexing and archiving
The full text of each article is immediately and permanently archived in PubMed Central
- Dynamics of a Plant-Herbivore Model with Holling type II Functional Response (Downloaded: 1425)
Debasis Mukherjee, Prasenjit Das and Dipak Kesh
Mukherjee, D., Das, P. & Kesh, D. (2011). Dynamics of a Plant-Herbivore Model with Holling type II Functional Response. Computational and Mathematical Biology, 2:(1). ISSN: 2219-1402.
- The Universal Genetic Code described by a Model Based on Group Theory (Downloaded: 1277)
Paola, P. (2010). The Universal Genetic Code described by a Model Based on Group Theory. Computational and Mathematical Biology, 1:(2). ISSN: 2219-1402.
- Russel and Rao Coefficient is a Suitable Substitute for Dice Coefficient in Studying Restriction Mapped Genetic Distances of Escherichia coli (Downloaded: 1446)
Zhu En Chay, Chin How Lee, Kun Cheng Lee, Jack SH Oon and Maurice Ling
Chay, Z.E., Lee, C.H., Lee, K.C., Oon, J.S. & Ling, M. (2010). Russel and Rao Coefficient is a Suitable Substitute for Dice Coefficient in Studying Restriction Mapped Genetic Distances of Escherichia coli. Computational and Mathematical Biology, 1:(1). ISSN: 2219-1402.